[vcf-midatlantic] Looking for BR1951-L05 chips

Richard Cini rich.cini at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 08:53:27 EST 2017

Thanks Jeff. I dug through my parts box last night and found a COM5016 and a few AY5-8116 chips. As you point out the 8116 is pin compatible (I didn’t know that before) as is the 5016.

The L06 chip apparently has a higher error rate (3%) at 9600 and 19200 baud than the L05, attributed to the divisor (x32) and the input clock.

I’m going to design the board with a few jumpers to allow for the power supply differences too and see how it goes. If I wind up needing them I’ll let you know.

Rich