[vcf-midatlantic] Galaga Challenge at Festivus

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 08:07:28 EST 2017

Here is the link to the game tournament program I wrote for the C64.  We
used to use this back when I had employees and a full-sized MAME arcade
system.  I have not used in a while but the idea is that everyone picks a
different game.  This way everyone gets their best game in the mix.  The
contestants play each-others best games, and a judge manages the
scoreboard, and has to witness the contestants' scores before entering into
the scoreboard.  The program calculates the standings.

Oh, and this disk image also has the Evan Eliza variation.

http://vintagecomputer.net/commodore/64/evan1.d64

As far as what game to play, I prefer the original / best version of
whatever it is but it does not matter to me.  Creative variations of games
on various systems bring out the worst and the best in the different
platforms, and/or the coders who ported them.

Bill

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 7:53 AM, Tony Bogan via vcf-midatlantic <