[vcf-midatlantic] Museum Report 2017-11-12 November 12, 2017

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Sun Nov 12 16:58:58 EST 2017

I started the day by preparing my C64 for running Metal Dust. It is a game
that requires the SuperCPU. I got it to run from uIEC SD card. I need to
find my power supply for the PSX controller, so that I can use a
Playstation controller instead of the Epyx XJ 500. I get some bad pain in
my index finger from hitting the fire button constantly (must be repetitive
stress injury). Maybe I will try an Atari Joystick instead, since my thumb
is fine.

If there are some C64 games that you want for Festivus, then feel free to
bring then on floppy or SD card. I will have 3 C64s setup with 1541 drives
and uIEC. Also connected with all-in-one joystick games in the front end of
the Commodore 1702.

I have the Mamouth Games C64 game joystick working,

I also noticed that a number of museum machines are not working properly.
Maybe during the next workshop we can have some members look at them.

Alex Bodnar dropped of a Micro Professor for the museum. I move it as well
as the Vax fan that he donated to the warehouse.

Anyway, had about 1 dozen visitors today with moderate interest.