[vcf-midatlantic] Museum Report 2017-11-26 November 26, 2017

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Sun Nov 26 16:54:31 EST 2017

Lots of visitors today about 2 dozen.
I show the kids a Macintosh and tell them to run Paint. They try to touch
the screen. They think it is a touch screen. Then I show them the mouse.
They single click. The don't know double click that well. I have to explain
to them how slow computers were and they have to wait.

I show the kids BASIC, then Impossible Mission on the C64. They love it. I
show them Windows 3.1 and they love Minesweeper and Solitaire.

They all loved it and stayed for an hour as I showed them the different
microcomputers.

I actually did a lot of tours instead of the usual quick run through. Lots
of interest and they learned a lot about the history of computers that they
didn't know.

The parents love the explanation of the progression of technology. I need
to learn more about how vacuum tube computers work to give them a
comparison.

Spent the rest of the time inventorying supplies we have for Festivus that
we have already.