[vcf-midatlantic] Cray C90/J916 on Ebay

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Nov 28 11:24:14 EST 2017

On 11/28/2017 11:14 AM, Neil Cherry via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
>> Is that a good price for it??
>
> Better than the almost $4k EISA card in the ads below it. ;-)
>
> I did find the 3K shipping to be a bit scary. Especially since it's
> trailer mounted. Or did I incorrectly skim the listing?

  The machine is installed in a trailer that appears to be at least most
of a mobile datacenter.  A very interesting potential business
opportunity, for someone who has the time to pursue it.

  The $3K shipping fee is listed as "flat rate", and it's a 48-foot
trailer, as in the "trailer" part of a "tractor trailer".  I'd assume
this means $3K will get a trucking company to send a tractor and a
driver to pick it up and bring it to you, I assume within the US.

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA