[vcf-midatlantic] weekend report

Evan Koblentz evan at vcfed.org
Mon Oct 16 13:49:41 EDT 2017

I had a busy weekend with VCF / Infoage stuff.

Friday and Saturday night I volunteered at the ticket desk for Infoage's
Halloween event. Saturday night surprise visitors -- Tony and Ken.

Spent 10-4 on Saturday at the "Jersey Shore Makerfest" which is a
small-ish local event. It's not affiliated with the official Maker Faire
franchise. Anyway, VCF has a single table there staffed by me. I demo'd
the Laser 128 + Lego robot setup. It was a hit.

I was our museum docent Sunday (Dean/Drew were there Saturday).
Attendance was low but good quality. One of our guests was an MIT grad
who already knew a lot about computer history and spent substantial time
visiting us. He was also interested in hackerspaces, so I opened the IXR
lab for him too.

Evan Koblentz, director
Vintage Computer Federation
a 501(c)(3) educational non-profit