[vcf-midatlantic] [OT] Anyone Interested in Building a New Atari XE/XL Mini ITX Board?

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 13:01:31 EDT 2017

Wow, as if on queue, someone is offering a complete kit ETA soon):

MacRorie <http://atariage.com/forums/user/16779-macrorie/> has just posted
a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "1088XEL Alternative
Mother-Board Project".

I ordered 50 boards last night.  Should be able to sell them for about
$10/board + shipping.  I went through and totaled up the BOM.  It looks
like a kit that includes *everything* (including buying UAVs from Bryan,
U1MB from Lotharek, Chips from Best/B&C), it will be in the $300 range.
UNASSEMBLED.

What does anyone think?  I definitely couldn’t get the custom chips, or the
U1MB board, so you’d be on your own for those.

- Alex