[vcf-midatlantic] [OT] Anyone Interested in Building a New Atari XE/XL Mini ITX Board?

Ethan telmnstr at 757.org
Thu Oct 19 15:01:55 EDT 2017

> I ordered 50 boards last night.  Should be able to sell them for about
> $10/board + shipping.  I went through and totaled up the BOM.  It looks
> like a kit that includes *everything* (including buying UAVs from Bryan,
> U1MB from Lotharek, Chips from Best/B&C), it will be in the $300 range.
> UNASSEMBLED.
> What does anyone think?  I definitely couldn’t get the custom chips, or the
> U1MB board, so you’d be on your own for those.
> - Alex

At first I felt kind of sad because I thought people were jamming X86 ATX
boards into Atari 130XE cases... but after looking at the board, that is
cool! Wish someone would recad the Amiga 3000 and Amiga 2000 mobos.

I wouldn't mind a board, looking at the BOM I think ordering in bulk from
Digikey is the expensive way to go. That $15 RS232 to TTL widget could
probably be had for $3 direct from MFGr. Might be a few other parts that
could be trimmed down.

I would be interested in a board I think, even though I'm slow at
finishing projects. Just nearly getting to the "go time" with my S100 CF
interface board that I've been sitting on for 4 years now.