[vcf-midatlantic] VMS question

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 09:21:46 EDT 2017

I noticed when I logged in today a file / info dump printed to the screen
but when I logged out and in again it was gone.  Perhaps that's what you're
talking about?

Understand that I did not write SYSLOGIN.COM or any of this configuration
... I would not have imagined someone would have a messed up SYSLOGIN.COM
to cause the issue you described.  There may be another explanation.

I am trying to "take over" from where they guy that set this machine up
left off  and learn how this particular server was set up and why.  I want
to fix, but I also know System administration tends to reflect the
personality of the admin, people have reasons for things.  I am making the
assumption that given this was a production system there must be some
reasons for things.  Eventually I can try to improve.

When I log in using Evan's account, I can get in but I have a disk quota
exceeded error when I try to generate an email message.

MAIL> mail
To:     SMTP%"evan at snarc.net"
Subj:   VAX USERN/PASS
%MAIL-E-OPENOUT, error opening
COBK$DATA:[COBK.PERSONAL.EKOBLENTZ]MAIL_0128_SEND
.TMP; as output
-RMS-E-CRE, ACP file create failed
-SYSTEM-F-EXDISKQUOTA, disk quota exceeded

Thanks for you help.

Bill

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 8:55 AM, Brian Schenkenberger via vcf-midatlantic <