[vcf-midatlantic] VMS question

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 12:23:04 EDT 2017

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 11:27 AM, Brian Schenkenberger via vcf-midatlantic <

> william degnan via vcf-midatlantic writes:
>
> >The quotas on this server for all users in [100,*] are 1000000.
> >That seems pretty high.  No where else have I seen them that much.
>
> A million blocks???  *512 is 512MB.  How big are those drives???

Apparently as big as your imagination.   I was thinking maybe for VMS 5.x
they still used Kb rather than Mb., but from a manual that covers 5 and 6
that I use, 1000000 is ludicrous.

$ show dev d

Device                  Device           Error    Volume         Free
Trans Mnt
 Name                   Status           Count     Label        Blocks
Count Cnt
COBUCK$DKA700:          Mounted              0  USER3           360894
37   1
COBUCK$DKB0:            Mounted              0  USER1            39771
 1   1
COBUCK$DKB100:          Mounted              0  UTLTEST         208620
 1   1
COBUCK$DKB200:          Mounted              0  USER2          1953795
 1   1
COBUCK$DKB300:          Online               0
COBUCK$DKB500:          Mounted              0  VAXVMSRL054      23946
 186   1
$