[vcf-midatlantic] IBM PC near-compatibles

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 18:13:12 EDT 2017

It's hard enough to see regular IBM PC/XT's for much, so yes I agree its at
best a niche market.  Plus they're likely heavy to ship.  The DEC Rainbow
and Tandy 2000 come to mind as "most valuable" not-quite IBM compatibles,
but there are dozens that would fit that category if you allow for those
who did not have an 8088 (Tandy 2000 was an 80186 and the Rainbow also had
a Z80 in addition to its 8088).  They have to work or it'd be really hard
to sell and ship.

The jersey of the losing team goes on sale first, but there are always fans
who stay loyal.

Bill

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 5:26 PM, Herb Johnson via vcf-midatlantic <