[vcf-midatlantic] IBM PC near-compatibles

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Oct 24 00:55:21 EDT 2017

On 10/23/2017 11:26 PM, Jason Howe via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
>>> My first computer was a H-151. I soldered the boards myself so it had
>>> value to me. My wife doesn't understand why I don't send it to the
>>> recycling along with all the manuals and everything else I kept.
>>    https://www.justia.com/lawyers/divorce/
>>    https://www.weinbergerlawgroup.com/divorce/howto-begin/
>
> While this was my first thought, my second thought is that this is
> EXACTLY why you should have a will so that your spouse doesn't just dump
> your stuff in the trash.
>
> My wife has asked me several times to make a list with instructions so
> she knows what to do with my little collection.  If you have a spouse
> that is unwilling and literally just sees a pile of garbage, make them
> legally responsible to dispose of it according to your wishes.

  If someone like us has a spouse like that (not referring to your wife
here Jason, but the rest of the paragraph), then, respectfully, this is
treating the symptom.  The problem is a spouse that's simply
incompatible at a very fundamental level.  I've come across so many
miserable people in that situation, and I just sit and wonder why.

                -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA