[vcf-midatlantic] Photos of Downstairs floor, Large Scale Computer Museum

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Oct 24 01:06:16 EDT 2017

On 10/24/2017 12:11 AM, Ethan via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
>> http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=702
>
> So cool! What do the random off the street people think about the
> museum? I find the location fascinating, as often when I'm driving to
> events and cons I go through small towns that have similar storefront
> spaces that are empty. Seems like the coolest re-use.

  By and large, it has been well-received.  While most of the museum's
guests have come from other places, quite a few local people have come
in as well.  Some people have asked why, and I do my best to explain it.
 Most people seem to "get it".

  New Kensington is one of the many small formerly-industrial cities
encircling Pittsburgh, and it's one of the few that's enjoying a rebirth
as a locus of high-tech people, artists, and makers.  There are people
who live within a couple of blocks of the museum who, for example, ran
PDP-11s at work decades ago.  And heck, our own Dan Roganti lives right
across the street! :-)

               -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ