[vcf-midatlantic] IBM PC near-compatibles

Herb Johnson hjohnson at retrotechnology.info
Tue Oct 24 12:34:43 EDT 2017

On 10/24/2017 11:45 AM, Ethan wrote:

> It's all about the entertaining youtube videos to drive interest in
> specific systems I'd guess?

can you point me to an exciting YouTube video of a  PC non-compatible?
What is exciting about a box with a keyboard, and a CGA or VGA or EGA
monitor?

It may be technically interesting if it has advanced graphics or faster
speed (Compaqs draw some interest). It might be visually interesting if
the case styling is unique. Those provide "interesting" attributes, but
videos are not needed for those.

I admit I'm 20th century and I don't look for "videos" to whet my
interests in vintage computing. So, "show me the money!"

Herb "baud rate" Johnson

http://www.retrotechnology.com OR .net