[vcf-midatlantic] estate planning

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Tue Oct 24 18:10:29 EDT 2017

This is something I've often thought about. For those of us with
particularly large collections, it would be a particular burden on our
families. I'm only 45 and in good health, and am certainly not thinking
about mortality in particular, but I did think about time. I just don't
have the time to truly enjoy my vintage videogames and computers,
particularly with how insane my collection has gotten, and I've never stop
being fascinated by the new stuff, which only compounds the problem.

Anyway, I considered selling stuff off piece-by-piece for maximum value on
eBay or something related, but I really didn't want to spend the next
decade selling stuff. As such, I explored many options, including selling
the collection to museums or interested individuals. However, in most cases
- especially considering how I collect literally everything - at best I was
offered buy-outs on only portions of my collection, which I felt really
didn't help my situation. Long story short, I did find a way out through an
auction house. For those interested in some of my thought processes and the
details, you can read about it here:
http://armchairarcade.com/perspectives/2017/10/20/decided-auction-off-outsized-decades-built-videogame-computer-collection/

It's never an easy decision and certainly love for this stuff will never
really go away, but sometimes you have to be practical rather than
emotional.

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade, Inc.
<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books
<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1> and

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 5:14 PM, Justin Jernigan via vcf-midatlantic <