[vcf-midatlantic] IBM PC near-compatibles

Alexander Pierson ajpierson1 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 24 21:20:39 EDT 2017

 If you count the Sanyo MBC-550/555's as not-quite-PC compatibles, then I may have a video that fits that bill.  Time Bandit is the only game I've ever seen mentioned for the MBC-555.  It also is the only demonstration of the color modes I've witnessed. It's mighty impressive, if you ask me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN2wnCBQ1uo

-Alexander 'Z' Pierson

    On Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 4:35:48 PM EDT, Jason Howe via vcf-midatlantic <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:

 On 10/23/2017 09:55 PM, Dave McGuire via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
>    If someone like us has a spouse like that (not referring to your wife
> here Jason, but the rest of the paragraph), then, respectfully, this is
> treating the symptom.  The problem is a spouse that's simply
> incompatible at a very fundamental level.  I've come across so many
> miserable people in that situation, and I just sit and wonder why.
>
>                  -Dave

I completely agree and would never have married a woman who didn't
respect my hobbies, as that would mean she didn't respect me. Seriously
WTF would spend the rest of their life with that!?  But, people do it
all the time for whatever reason.  Anyway, it's not for me to tell
people how to live their lives -- I can only suggest how they can end
it...erm...you know what I mean!

--Jason