[vcf-midatlantic] Wanted: Dead ST-506

Jason Perkins perkins.jason at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 11:45:20 EDT 2017

Does anyone have a dead or otherwise very unhealthy ST-506 or ST-412 they'd
want to get rid of for small / reasonable $$?

I want to research replacing the bearing(s) in one of my Apple Profiles,
and need a drive to experiment on. One with very noisy bearings and a
snapped off head would be perfect!

I do have a PC ST-506 mechanism that I think is working, but I've never
tried it. The bearing sounds fine spinning it by hand. I lost the board
that attaches to the bottom, but I don't want to destroy a possibly working
drive.

Thanks!

--
Jason Perkins