[vcf-midatlantic] Oracle finally kills off Sun

John Heritage john.heritage at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 17:05:04 EDT 2017

To be fair, they were kinda dead man walking when Oracle acquired them in
2010..  Sun built their business around the workstation market, and that
market went x86 in the late 90s / early 2000s due to the x86 chip wars.

After that, it looked like they had a vision for the cloud of some kind
"the dot in dot.com", but it never seemed like they could get it together.

The geek side of me really enjoyed learning/understanding the SPARC back in
the day, but unfortunately..  it's gone.

On Sun, Sep 3, 2017 at 6:06 PM, Adam Michlin via vcf-midatlantic <