[vcf-midatlantic] Maker Faire -- helpers?

Evan Koblentz evan at vcfed.org
Thu Sep 14 01:25:00 EDT 2017

Jeff B., Dean/Drew (part of the time), Mouse, and I are staffing the VCF
table at World Maker Faire on September 23-24 in the NY Hall of Science
(Queens).

We won Make Magazine Editor's Choice awards there in 2014 and 2016. :)

This year we're making a BASIC learning lab. We are setting up four
computers (Apple //c, for convenience) and we'll guide kids through a
script every 30 minutes in a formal presentation. We even bought a small
amplifier and wireless microphone (thanks Jeff B. for doing the
research). It'll be pretty cool.

We could use more helpers. People who are extroverts, good teachers,
good with kids, will represent us professionally, and are reliable. In
exchange you get a free full-weekend Maker Faire ticket.

Email me off-list if you're interested.
Evan Koblentz, director
Vintage Computer Federation
a 501(c)(3) educational non-profit