[vcf-midatlantic] Switching to Tindie, eBay Disallows Links to Documentation Now

systems_glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 15:59:36 EDT 2017

Sure, there are ways to skirt the regulations -- for instance, my URL is on
every board I sell, and is clearly visible in the listing images. I suspect
that eventually this will draw attention, and end up with my listings
removed or my account suspended. The root of the problem is that eBay
blatantly does not care about supporting small DIY hardware projects. I
guess they're focusing on trying to compete with Amazon or something.
Hopefully it gets more people to alternate venues.

Tindie also has other things going for it -- for instance, the
international shipping rate calculator actually *works*. I've never once
had eBay correctly calculate combined international shipping, even though
I've set up rules and rates for it. I always end up having to give a
non-trivial refund to the buyer. For example, eBay recently charged a buyer
around $60 to send five of my 48T02 repair modules to France! I suspect
that part of the "international shipping is hard" bit on eBay is to try and
push sellers toward using the GSP, where they make a little more money.

Thanks,
Jonathan

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 3:46 PM, william degnan via vcf-midatlantic <