[vcf-midatlantic] OT: Troubleshooting Port Forwarding with Verizon FIOS Actiontec MI42WR

Dan Roganti ragooman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 13:26:01 EDT 2018

On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 12:58 PM, Bill Degnan via vcf-midatlantic <

> Is there an interface at say 192.168.1.1?
> https://actiontecsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/11500
> 4952546-How-do-I-Configuring-Port-Forwarding-on-the-MI424WR-Rev-I-Router
>
> On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 12:24 PM, Jeffrey Brace via vcf-midatlantic <
>
> > So Dan Roganti and I were troubleshooting getting a new C64 network game
> > working. It wasn't working so we tried Artillery Duel Network game. It
> > still didn't work.
> >
> > Does anyone have experience with this router and doing port forwarding?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jeff

I have my router setup and working, I connected and logged into that
netgame yesterday
​I was trying to help Jeff the other night [remotely] as best I can
and the setup he used on the Port Forward for that new Netgame looked good,
I saw the screenshots of his router setup and the game network settings,
everything checked good.
So we're stumped as to why his router isn't behaving.
Below are the screenshots of Jeff's Router and the Netgame
This shows the setup for the Port Forward on his router
https://goo.gl/2njPnb
And this screenshot shows the DHCP settings from the netgame which we use
in the Port Forward setup
https://goo.gl/oo67eU
There were a couple more things to try tonight, such as the Security Level,
if he has this at maximum
Dan
--
 _  ____