[vcf-midatlantic] Floppy emulators, any experience?

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Sun Apr 8 18:33:14 EDT 2018

On 04/08/2018 05:37 PM, Dean Notarnicola wrote:
> Gotek was a limited option, until the advent of flashfloppy firmware:
> https://github.com/keirf/FlashFloppy

Thanks, I did come across that. Wasn't sure what to make of it.

> This makes it a very viable, relatively inexpensive, although not perfect, replacement
> option. I like the idea of using it for most tasks, and reserving the real thing for when
> it's absolutely needed, saving wear and tear.

Have you used them with any systems? I've got a hodge-podge of systems
that include, Microware OS-9 (CoCo, ST-2900 and PT68/K2), Atari ATR-8000
(CP/M), a few MS-DOS laptop (including one of the first 386sl laptops)
and more. I'd take it that the DOS stuff won't be hard. The ATR8000
might not be too hard (CP/M) but the OS-9 systems will be interesting.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com