[vcf-midatlantic] Floppy emulators, any experience?

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Mon Apr 9 16:27:09 EDT 2018

On 04/09/2018 02:53 PM, Joseph Oprysko via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> Some are listed as 720k, some 1.44MB, some with 2 digit display, some with
> 3 digits, and a couple without a display and just 2 LEDs. So I’m a bit
> confused as to which are the “right” ones to try to get.

I suspect most are the same hardware. The main difference for the emulator
between a 720 and a 1.44 is the clock rate of the data (125, 250, 500).
After that the tracks, sectors and sides are just software. I'm surprised
they don't mention that they device can be multiple drives. Wonder if it
can use the mux setup for 8 drives. ;-) (just kidding).

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com