[vcf-midatlantic] gold fing-ers

corey cohen coreyvcf at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 06:23:48 EDT 2018

There is a company out there that produced a rechargeable gold plating pen for about $50 to $75 called the wizard pro.  They also have a cheap disposable version that can be had for about $20.  the real cost is the plating solution. That can range from $75 and up.

I use mine all the time to clean vintage  “solder” slips when I’m fixing vintage stuff and to fix worn connector plating.  Trick is to not contaminate your solution so it lasts and warm the solution a bit before plating.  Otherwise pretty easy.  I even gold plated my 11 year olds Timex watch in some spots so it matches the look of my vintage hyperaqualand dive watch so we have father and son dive watches.   :-)

If you want to try it out let me know I can bring it to one of the workshops, just not the next one coming up, I have a lacrosse thing that weekend.

Cheers,
Corey

corey cohen
uǝɥoɔ ʎǝɹoɔ