[vcf-midatlantic] BYT-8 MPU

systems_glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 21:52:36 EDT 2018

Mike,

It's not a missing ROM, it's an Intel 8214 interrupt controller (left
socket, closest to regulators) and an Intel 8212 latch (second socket). I'm
pretty sure you don't need them if you don't need to use the vectored
interrupt facilities. The regulator hackings-on isn't that uncommon with
these boards. It's a pretty nice Intel 8080 CPU board, especially with the
interrupt controller. They were intended for the Byte Shop BYT-8 of course
(also sold branded as Olson, and as a Bell and Howell trainer kit). People
used them in other S-100 systems though. They're somewhat common, and even
the blank boards aren't all that uncommon -- I've got one, had several
others that I've sold or traded to others on the list. The front panel
connector is IMSAI compatible.

Figure that tested and working it's probably worth $150-200 on eBay.
Untested, $100 or so probably.

I have a lot of the manuals scanned on my site:

http://filedump.glitchwrks.com/manuals/s100/byt_8/

Thanks,
Jonathan

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 6:24 PM, Mike Loewen via vcf-midatlantic <