[vcf-midatlantic] Australian vintage computer warehouse

Herb Johnson hjohnson at retrotechnology.info
Sat Aug 4 12:42:33 EDT 2018

To me, the video gives a glimpse into vintage computing items in
Australia. My general impression is that there's much less v-c items
there than in the USA, they are/were less organized as groups, etc. I
did not have time to watch the entire video.

To Neil, Evan: The story of that Australian warehouse and the owners of
the content, is likely complicated. It's likely Australian laws may be
different, and the terms of the leased space may be a factor.

Glenn: "painful video...unique stuff going to pot". Well, you know, I
try not to judge. Any number of people worked to donate/sell/buy and
warehouse that stuff. Somehow the space was paid for or donated. The
alternative would likely have been to scrap many of those items. Current
vintage computing owners owe their collections to circumstances like
these. And many people see *our own* collections as junk, whatever
condition they are in.

Glen, there were some items in distress, but go figure, y'know? "Repair
parts", "rarity". So I understand the reaction, but I would not "bite
the hand that feeds us", "look a gift horse in the mouth", etc.

Herb

http://www.retrotechnology.com OR .net