[vcf-midatlantic] Epic warehouse day!
evan at vcfed.org
Wed Dec 19 19:31:15 EST 2018
Matt King and I did warehouse work from 10-6 today. We worked our butts off!
- There are five sets of lights on the ceiling. We finished putting LED
bulbs in all but one set.
- We finished the project to create an extra aisle on the organized side
for "D" (DEC overflow; Data General), "E" (Epson), and "H" (Heathkit,
HP) items. Nothing exciting starts with F other than Franklin which is
in with the Apple II stuff because it's clones.
- We moved the Epson, Heathkit, and HP shelving units into the new
aisle. We built an additional shelving unit for Heathkit items. (Data
General items will be moved some other day.)
- We built another shelving unit for keypunch parts, small punch card
readers, and small punch card holders. We moved that unit along the
other existing punch card shelving units into the "K" area. We also
allocated one individual shelf (no need for a whole unit) to our two NEC
- That in turn made more space for portables, Prime, and Perkin-Elmer.
- We created a space for word processing items. I'm not very high on
collecting those (no, we don't want a collection of generic 1990s word
processors), but we have some interesting IBM/Xerox items so now those
have a place in the warehouse to call home.)
All of that "shelving Tetris" resulted in a bunch of things being in
more logical places, and we cleared some things out of the unorganized
side. We also cleared off one pallet from the unorganized side and we
made a plan for how to continue next time, when we'll hopefully get the
Sun collection off its pallet and onto proper shelves.
More information about the vcf-midatlantic