[vcf-midatlantic] A Tale of Two NeXTstations

Lou despairempire at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 06:22:46 EST 2018

Great to hear you got one of the NeXTstations working! I might actually be
heading up to the museum today with the missus so it would actually be neat
to see one of these working in person (especially since I will be getting
my hands on a complete unit soon).

As for the other unit and hardware password, have you tried booting it
without the PRAM battery? I read somewhere that the PRAM stores the
hardware password and booting it without the battery installed (and waiting
a few minutes) it will try to boot from network but can be configured to
drive. I do not know if this was attempted yet but in any case if we are
heading up today we can talk more about it if the museum isn't swamped.

Here's hoping we can figure this out!

-Lou