[vcf-midatlantic] Ian on The Verge!

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Tue Feb 6 14:26:56 EST 2018

My in-laws have a 34" Sony widescreen tube TV with component inputs still
in one of their rooms. As was stated, it's a beast. It's a nice enough set,
but obviously not a match for today's nicer sets and kind of a burden these
days.

When I gave 99% of my collection to an auction house the end of December,
they took pretty much anything and everything not nailed down (and even
stuff that was!) except for my two Sony Trinitron tube TVs. One is a 20"
with composite inputs and the other is a 32" with s-video. I incorporated
them into what remains of my vintage collection, but it would have been
nice to have gotten rid of them as well. The 32" in particular is
incredibly heavy and recycling centers increasingly are refusing to take
these things anymore.

This section in the article caught my eye:   “It’s getting harder and
harder, and the price goes up and up and up,” he says. He gestures toward a
sizable Sony Trinitron, one of his prize finds. “Ten years ago, I could get
them under $100. Now it’s $2,000. Certain TVs, everybody wanted to grab.”

I can't imagine what that's referring to (the $2,000).

-Bill

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade, Inc.
<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books
<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1> and

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 2:00 PM, Dean Notarnicola via vcf-midatlantic <