[vcf-midatlantic] Compaq Portable 386 BASIC manual?

Dan Roganti ragooman at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 23:28:13 EST 2018

On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 11:19 PM, Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic <

> (Machine is better known as the
> ​​
> Compaq Portable III.)
>

> Can someone point me to a PDF of the Compaq Portable BASIC manual? (I
>> believe it's IBM Advanced BASIC version 3.3, but I'd like to see the Compaq
>> manual.)

​just thinking out loud here,
since that Compaq portable is from 1987
and GW-Basic is from 1983​, it superseded BASICA which was originally
intended for IBM PC's
and GW-Basic was intended for non-IBM compatibles such as Compaq
I'd go with GW-BASIC

BTW, the
​
Compaq Portable III says it has a 286 not a 386
Dan

--
 _  ____
/ \__/   Scotty, We Need More Power !!