[vcf-midatlantic] Laserjet, Laserwriter scanning module, AC supply

Herb Johnson hjohnson at retrotechnology.info
Thu Jul 5 15:50:36 EDT 2018

The LaserJet II II and Laserwriter II III were discussed with interest,
here in this list, last month. My LJ III has a failed "laser scanner"
module; does anyone have a likely working unit available? Also the AC
power controller, that's useful if you don't need one yourself.

I'm not talking about the HP LaserJet IIP or IIIP or 4P or other HP
printer models. I'm not sure if the original Apple Laserwriter uses
these parts; if you have one of those, good luck, want some more parts? ;)

The scanner is the big black thing under the lid of the printer. It has
a laser and a motorized scanner mirror, that mechanically sweeps the
laser across the toner-cartridge drum. When the printer is about to
print, you hear that scanner-motor wind up to speed before the paper is
fed (whir-r-rr-R-RR-RRR!) when it works. These rarely fail, so I haven't
kept spares around. Don't disassemble the unit for the motor, just offer
the whole thing.

I'd not mind getting an AC power supply/controller. That's the cubical
thing in the back that the AC power cord plugs into. Don't need the air
filter (those tend to be fragile with age), they have a small fan (you
can supply that or not). These things fail pretty often, I don't need a
nonworking unit, have plenty of those.

Shipping to NJ 08618. Contact me privately. Thank you.

Herb Johnson

http://www.retrotechnology.com OR .net