[vcf-midatlantic] FS: Hobbyist Etched MITS Altair 8800 CPU Board

systems_glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 10:56:29 EDT 2018

link https://www.ebay.com/itm/273346767604

I've talked about this board with a few people, some who have seen it in
person. We're pretty sure this is the result of someone who purchased MITS'
artwork and drill packet from Popular Electronics when they first announced
the Altair. It's pretty good for a home etch, the holes are even plated
through, and the surface is finished in tin rather than left bare copper.
Looks like someone started building it and gave up. It might be finish-able
(it looks identical to my early production-version MITS CPU cards) but I'd
suspect the real value here is that it's an early hobbyist etch.

Starting at $1, no idea what it's worth!

Thanks,
Jonathan