[vcf-midatlantic] Museum report: terminals

Ian Primus ian.primus.ccmp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 20:29:14 EDT 2018

There are definitely many methods to use - an important consideration
is the type of PVA. There are two basic types. One that gets cloudy
and mold spots in it - that one is susceptible to the heat gun or, if
you're patient, potentially broken down with water. The water method
can take a month to work, from the reports I've heard. The other type
turns green and develops fringing and darkening in the material. That
type cannot be heat gunned off, it must be cut with a hot wire. It is
also impervious to the water.

Personally, I've done a fair number of tubes, using mostly the heat
gun method, on both small and large tubes. I've found it to work quite
well, and I've never had a tube implode. The hot wire method has it's
merits (and is required in some cases). I've never personally tried
the water method, I'm just too impatient.

-Ian

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 6:54 PM, Herb Johnson via vcf-midatlantic