[vcf-midatlantic] Museum report: terminals

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 22:21:14 EDT 2018

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 1:46 PM, Ethan Dicks <ethan.dicks at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've done it with a VT220...
>
> You do need to re-install the shield because otherwise the CRT clamps
> don't fit really well and the tube slides around.  I used dots of a
> thick (1mm?) silicone "tape" on the corners and it worked well.

My buddy sent me the part number for the tape he gave me a strip of:

3M Scotch 4905 VHB tape, 1/2" wide, comes in a 15' roll.  20 mil/0.5mm thick.

3M Product Number 4905, 3M ID B40065643

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/3M-VHB-Tape-4905/?N=5002385+3293241546&rt=rud
(hopefully that's not a session id at the end of the URL.  If it is,
just search by product number and width).

I used 1/2" squares at the corners and they are hidden behind the
bezel.  it's a bit thinner than the original PVA layer but the shield
thickness is enough to let the CRT sit fine in the mountings and the
3M 4905 is quite flexible like the PVA.

-ethan