Folks at VCF West & DEFCON

Alexander Pierson ajpierson1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 31 23:59:25 EDT 2018

VCF West is this weekend!  I'm excited, since this is my first time flying out to experience it.  I put together a protective case to fly the Cactus out there in one piece: http://commodorez.com/img/pelicancase.jpg

I'm curious, will there be anyone else from the Mid-Atlantic crowd in attendance?  I haven't seen much chatter about it here (which makes sense, based on our geographic concentration).

I lucked out, and managed to swing a trip to DEFCON through work the following week, which means I will have the Cactus in tow.  A friend convinced me to submit a presentation on it to the Hardware Hacking Village -- I mean, if I've got it with me in Las Vegas, might as well, right?  To my surprise, they accepted it.  If anyone from our crowd just so happens to be at DEFCON, and you have the time/inclination, I'll be presenting at 4PM on 8/11 in some subdivision of the Forum ballroom.

Anyway, I'll hopefully see at least one familiar face out west.

-Alexander 'Z' Pierson