[vcf-midatlantic] A/B switch for ribbon cable?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Jun 22 12:23:42 EDT 2018

On 06/22/2018 12:17 PM, Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> Suppose I have two computers, I want to connect both of them through
> 20-pin ribbon cables to the same device, and I want to be able to easily
> swap which one is live via some kind of A/B switch.
> Does that exist? What's it called, so I can get one?

  They're generally called "A/B switches".  What I'd do in your
situation is get some crimp-on IDC DB25 connectors, crimp them onto your
cables, pick up an all-pins-switched DB25 A/B switch on eBay (should be
< $15) and be good to go.


Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA

More information about the vcf-midatlantic mailing list