[vcf-midatlantic] [Semi-OT] 3D Printing Replacement Parts (Was: Re: About Bill's message)

Evan Koblentz evan at vcfed.org
Tue Mar 6 10:52:13 EST 2018

>> A concrete item that you can see today is the power switch on the IBM
PS/2 Model 76, in the museum.  It was broken at some point in the past, and
I 3D printed a replacement.

Neat! I didn't know that.

Another example in the museum is the "k" in the StorageTek logo on the tape
library. The original was broken. Dan W. in IXR printed a new one, and then
the train club guys next door painted it to match.

On Mar 6, 2018 10:33 AM, "J. Alexander Jacocks via vcf-midatlantic" <