[vcf-midatlantic] vcf-midatlantic] Mac OS 7.1 Terminal Emulator & BBS software

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Thu Mar 8 12:30:52 EST 2018

On 03/08/2018 12:14 PM, Tony Bogan via vcf-midatlantic wrote:

> I never understood why people wouldn't just ask what format the printshop or whatever
> could accept (they'd assume it would "just work" like it did in their home or office)
> and why so many businesses (not all, but many I remember dealing with and even some
> still to this day!) didn't specify when  initially dealing with a client what the
> client had vs what they had.

My brother-in-law works in printing and he runs into thsi all the time.
Basically the customers don't care. They'll pay for the special handling
rather than follow the requirements. A lot of them are of the mind set:
here's a lump of lead, turn it into gold.

Since I've worked on a lot of systems I can say that Windows wass totally
inflexible on using using anything other than their standards. I could move
between many systems without too much grief.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com