[vcf-midatlantic] NeXT in the family.

Tony Bogan thebogans at mac.com
Mon Mar 19 15:12:54 EDT 2018

> On Mar 19, 2018, at 11:14 AM, Lou via vcf-midatlantic <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
>
> Finally a good weekend without snow yesterday I was able to meet up with
> CommodoreZ of the VCF community over the acquisition of a complete
> NeXTstation mono setup. For those that did not know a few months back a
> NeXTstation popped up on craigslist in the DC area. I tried my best to pull
> resources on my end to get out there but lacking my own personal vehicle
> few others were not able to assist me with getting out there. Fortunately
> however CommodoreZ lived not far from there at all and was more than
> willing to act as a middleman/liaison for me to acquire the NeXTstation.
>
> We finally met up yesterday and we chatted up for a few hours, that alone
> was so much fun I almost forgot what I was actually there for! Transaction
> done, thanked him up and down for the help and headed back home with a
> machine I always wanted to get my hands on! Everything runs great after
> setting up the system. It looks as good as the Museum's NeXTstation! I hope
> to do some interesting things with it soon enough.

Very nice! If you have not already, make sure you check out nextcomputers.org
Especially their file archive (down the bottom of the home page)

They have ISO images of the peanuts archive CDs along with disk images (cd and floppy) of many of the utilities, apps, games and operating systems that were available for the NeXT machines.

Tony