[vcf-midatlantic] Museum report

jsalzman at gmail.com jsalzman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 20:53:56 EDT 2018

Most of the adhesive dissolving chemicals my Uncle works with, like
toluene, are strong enough to clean glue residue from equipment, but are
NOT recommended for painted surfaces. Not much research at that facility
has gone into actually determining how to remove their adhesives from a
treated surface that needs preserved. I was told that most tape adhesives
are water based and will eventually emulsify with water. It just takes
patience. It was also recommended to use WD-40. That's been used for years
to remove bumper stickers and residue from painted car surfaces. Another
solvent that could work is naphtha. It can be strong, so spot testing it is
highly recommended. But auto shops and detailers have used it to remove
road tar and such from painted cars. I don't know what the painted parts on
the Wang are painted with. Naphtha might only be best on anodized or
unpainted parts.

Sorry I couldn't get more information than this for consideration.

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 5:16 PM, Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic <