[vcf-midatlantic] Help identifiying a disk.

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Sun Mar 25 17:35:44 EDT 2018

Another one of my recent finds is my ATR800 and it's disks and documentation.
I didn't know this until after I read the documents but the ATR800 is able to
act as a bootable disk drive for the Atari -OR- as a normal CP/M system. I've
found a couple of sets of disks for the ATR8000. One 5 1/4" CP/M disk, one
5 1/4" Atari disk (which I think works as the ATR800 Atari boot diks) and
a bunch of 5 1/4" disk which I think are Atari disk formats (Atari 810 or
1050 drive compatible, not normal 5 1/4" drive format).

What I don't know is what the ATR800 drives used were. What was common
with CP/M? Has to be 5 1/4" would a 40 track double sided drive work
with a SS disk? I doubt I'm looking at an 80 track drive.

Also what does it take to create CP/M boot disks? Technically this is
my first CP/M system.

Thanks

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com