[vcf-midatlantic] Interesting article about preserving Apple software (not hardware)

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Thu Mar 29 18:58:47 EDT 2018

I think that both methods have their merits:
1) preserving the software with protection
2) preserving the software without protection (cracked or otherwise)

Keeping the protection preserves the copy protection methods.
Removing the protection can be easier on the disk drives as some protection
methods are aggressive and throw drives out of alignment.

In any case, the important thing is to have the software preserved before
it goes into the bit bucket, never to return again .........

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 5:07 PM, Herb Johnson via vcf-midatlantic <