[vcf-midatlantic] talk at VCF-East on audio cassettes for data

Tony Bogan thebogans at mac.com
Thu May 3 16:13:13 EDT 2018

> One thing I'd like to hear from others about, was the volume of cassettes available for 1980's video-gaming "systems", for instance the Timex/Sinclair 1000. Early Apple IIs and TRS-80's used cassettes. Those systems weren't on my radar at that time.  My impression is that a lot of little companies, computer clubs, individuals, distributed bunches of those program cassettes in the period. If anyone remembers cassettes for their system, consider speaking up at the talk.
>
> Herb
> --
> Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey in the USA
> http://www.retrotechnology.com OR .net

Herb, I will contact you through your site. As I mentioned at the workshop, brutal deluxe is up to over 650 apple II cassettes that have been digitized. I would imagine there is a significant amount around for the trs-80 and commodore as well. Many of the cassette tapes I have seen supported 3 or 4 different systems on a single tape. Common groupings were apple II, CBM, Atari.
Tony