[vcf-midatlantic] talk at VCF-East on audio cassettes for data

William Sudbrink wh.sudbrink at gmail.com
Thu May 3 16:45:45 EDT 2018

At one time in the past, I was thinking about doing a VCF exhibit, displaying the "secret messages" in Tomita's _Bermuda_Triangle_ album, using a Tarbell (note that the album notes call it TARBEL (one L) format) S-100 interface card and a real vinyl record.  I figured I could blow a bunch of young minds all at once.  Not only "that great big box with blinking lights is a _personal_ computer?" but also "you used to listen to music with those big black frisbies?". I have a working, double soldered, Tarbell model 1001.  Now that vinyl is getting "hip", I guess I lost my chance.  Or maybe it would be better?  Maybe next year.

Bill S.