[vcf-midatlantic] Request from another dimension.

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu May 3 17:31:19 EDT 2018

On 05/03/2018 05:12 PM, murph via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> Someone on the Mastodon/GNU social network is trying to identify an old part, I was hoping that maybe someone could help.
>
> https://octodon.social/@phooky/99960546962469308
>
> I'll be happy to pass any info along to them, so no sign up is required.

  It's definitely IBM, that much I can tell you.  But they used that
form-factor for pluggable modules for hundreds and hundreds of different
models of stuff spanning decades.  Mainframes, peripherals,
controllers...everything.

  There may be a part number on it somewhere, probably of the form
NNXNNNN (where N is a number and X is a letter), and there's a slim
possibility that it could be identified from a 3rd-party replacement
parts database or something like that (I've had some luck with that
occasionally), but it may not be possible to really narrow it down
without additional context.

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ