[vcf-midatlantic] talk at VCF-East on audio cassettes for data

Herb Johnson hjohnson at retrotechnology.info
Thu May 3 21:36:12 EDT 2018

William Sudbrink wrote:

> I was thinking about doing a VCF exhibit, displaying the "secret messages" in Tomita's _Bermuda_Triangle_ album, using a Tarbell  S-100 interface card and a real vinyl record.

Thanks for the points of reference! I'm adding these to my "Computer
Data Cassette Formats" under "Other Web pages".

http://www.retrotechnology.com/restore/cass_data.html

Jeff Brace also contacted me, I've asked him how the VCFed Museum uses
MPEG players to substitute for cassette-decks. Evan encourages me to
speak nicely about "gaming computers". This is good 1980's input, for my
1970's core-memory mind! Thanks!

Herb "Iron Man" Johnson

http://www.retrotechnology.com OR .net