[vcf-midatlantic] Museum Report 2018-05-06 May 6, 2018

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Sun May 6 22:14:42 EDT 2018

Got here earlier than usual because of the weekend event says the museum
should be open at 12.
Tony was here moving the new backdrop for the featured artifact. I helped
him move it. He also measured his exhibit table and looked at the Apple //.

We had about a dozen visitors today from the casual run through, to the
give me a tour to the move extensive long tour. Connor S stopped by with
his mother and grand parents visiting from St. Louis. I let him try some
BASIC programming on the original chiclet PET as well as play Little
Computer People on the Commodore 64.

I asked him for an update on his science fair that he did on vintage
computers. It sounded like it went well.

I assessed the state of various machines to see how we could get more demos
running on them. One thing that I would like to have is a MOD player for
the Amiga 1000 called EdPlayer. Could someone bring that in?

I would love to get other micros working in the museum such as:

Getting the floppy drive working on the TRS-80 and run some demo on that
machine.
Getting an iPod to load programs into the Apple /.
Getting the tape drive working on the Commodore PET
etc.