[vcf-midatlantic] talk at VCF-East on audio cassettes for data; stuff

Ian Primus ian.primus.ccmp at gmail.com
Fri May 11 01:09:30 EDT 2018

Wow. Now that is really, really, REALLY cool. I'd not seen a
continuous loop cartridge used for data storage in this manner before.
I'm surprised you weren't interested in this, I think it's amazing!
You know, if you're not interested in it, I have a good home for it...
lol.

But, that's interesting, and the continuous nature of the tape creates
some issues for recording, I suppose it's designed with fixed size
program blocks for filling a fixed amount of memory with data from
tape to run the equipment the 8/M used to control. Wonder if this is
used as a standalone program without an OS, or if there is an OS that
supports running from this sort of tape?

That is *really* cool, and I look forward to hearing more about what
you uncover about it!

-Ian