[vcf-midatlantic] talk at VCF-East on audio cassettes for data; stuff

Matt Patoray mspproductions at gmail.com
Fri May 11 08:51:10 EDT 2018

Kyle,

Since that is a 4 track drive/cart that will NOT be compatible with the
broadcast Fidelipac drives, as those are  2 track running at 7.5 IPS. 4
track would be a 4 track "Muntz" stereo cartridge running at 3 3/4 IPS,
which is what William Lear based the "Lear stereo 8". For the Fidelipac and
the Muntz machines the cartridge is exactly the same with the pinch roller
swinging up into the cart for playback, which is an advantage in this case
as the pinch roller that normally turns to goo, can be replaced in the
machine saving the tape carts from destruction.

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 12:38 AM, Kyle Owen via vcf-midatlantic <

--
Matt Patoray
Owner, MSP Productions