[vcf-midatlantic] What I'm bringing to VCF

Stephen A Edwards sedwards at cs.columbia.edu
Fri May 18 13:59:40 EDT 2018


I've brought and want to sell/trade/discard:

Two "modern" Mac Pros (dual Xeons, 5-8 GB DDR2-5300F)

Three beige Power Macs (7xxx series, G3, G3 in a rack mount box)

A DEC terminal server (8 serial ports)

Two S-100 cards missing some chips (Cromemco SCC, parallel card)

EPROM programmer for 27xxx series, RS-232 interface

Boxes of magazines:
Byte 1993-1995
Circuit Cellar (2000-)
Nuts and Volts (2000-)

Email me sedwards at cs.columbia.edu



On Fri, May 18, 2018, 12:32 PM <
vcf-midatlantic-request at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:

> Send vcf-midatlantic mailing list submissions to
>         vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>
> https://lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org/mailman/listinfo/vcf-midatlantic
>
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>         vcf-midatlantic-request at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>         vcf-midatlantic-owner at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of vcf-midatlantic digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re:  Stuff I'm bringing to VCF (Bill Degnan)
>    2. Re:  Stuff I'm bringing to VCF (Ethan O'Toole)
>    3. Re:  Anyone have IBM PS/2 mice? (Jameel Akari)
>    4.  The VCF East "Wanted" List (Jeff G)
>    5. Re:  Stuff I'm bringing to VCF (Anthony Becker)
>    6. Re:  Stuff I'm bringing to VCF (Jameel Akari)
>    7. Re:  Stuff I'm bringing to VCF (Jameel Akari)
>    8. Re:  Stuff I'm bringing to VCF (Paul Rickards)
>    9.  Stuff I'm bringing to VCF (Herb Johnson)
>   10. Re:  talk at VCF-East on audio cassettes for data; stuff
>       (Kyle Owen)
>   11. Re:  Stuff I'm bringing to VCF (Dave McGuire)
>   12. Re:  Stuff I'm bringing to VCF (Lou)
>   13. Re:  Stuff I'm bringing to VCF (Bill Degnan)
>   14. Re:  Stuff I'm bringing to VCF (David Riley)
>   15. Re:  talk at VCF-East on audio cassettes for data; stuff
>       (Matt Patoray)
>   16.  Where should volunteers park? (Neil Cherry)
>   17.  The Replica 1 lives! (Derrik Walker v2.0)
>   18. Re:  Stuff I'm bringing to VCF (Neil Cherry)
>   19. Re:  Where should volunteers park? (Dean Notarnicola)
>   20. Re:  Where should volunteers park? (Neil Cherry)
>   21.  VCF parking & setup (Jameel Akari)
>   22. Re:  VCF parking & setup (Ethan O'Toole)
>   23. Re:  VCF parking & setup (Evan Koblentz)
>   24. Re:  Where should volunteers park? (Evan Koblentz)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 14:02:49 -0400
> From: Bill Degnan <billdegnan at gmail.com>
> To: vcf-midatlantic
>         <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org>
> Subject: Re: [vcf-midatlantic] Stuff I'm bringing to VCF
> Message-ID:
>         <
> CABGJBucWfLQPi9sW7FRM-embwtuNKdvfLnmuf+Kx5ggHef2NSQ at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
>
> On Thu, May 17, 2018, 11:44 AM Christian Liendo via vcf-midatlantic <
> vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
>
> > I have two non-working SGI Octanes. Once has a blown capacitor in the
> > power supply. The other, Just doesn't run.
> > They are free to anyone willing to take them. I just assume not even
> > bring them in the building. I would rather just move from one car to
> > another.
> >
> > One complete Commodore PET 8032 in box with dual drive and printer all
> > in box. Original everything.
> >
> > Two IBM 5150s
> >
> > I may also have a Teletype Model 43 and an ATT 6300
> >
> > Brian is bringing some TRS-80 Model IIIs
> >
> >
> > What are you guys bringing?
> >
>
> Possibly (anyone interested in?):
>
> Dec keyboards (terminal style and newer alpha style)
> VT 220
> VAX /ALPHA CDs mostly monthly folders with software and updates
> A StorageWorks chassis (3 SCSI drive desktop unit)
> DLT III drive with lots of tapes
> DECTerminal (model ~200 I think) and related DEC Terminal and StorageWorks
> cards
> At least one MicroVAX and/or Alpha system (desktop units)
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 14:16:00 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Ethan O'Toole <telmnstr at 757.org>
> To: Christian Liendo via vcf-midatlantic
>         <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org>
> Subject: Re: [vcf-midatlantic] Stuff I'm bringing to VCF
> Message-ID: <Pine.LNX.4.64.1805171415060.26294 at users.757.org>
> Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed
>
> > I have two non-working SGI Octanes. Once has a blown capacitor in the
> > power supply. The other, Just doesn't run.
> > They are free to anyone willing to take them. I just assume not even
> > bring them in the building. I would rather just move from one car to
> > another.
>
> My friend Matt Crainer would be interested in the Octanes. He comes to the
> VCFs.
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 14:45:52 -0400
> From: Jameel Akari <jakari at bithose.com>
> To: vcf-midatlantic
>         <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org>
> Subject: Re: [vcf-midatlantic] Anyone have IBM PS/2 mice?
> Message-ID: <E80F0598-E250-4CAC-86A7-B39BA63BB6DC at bithose.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain;       charset=utf-8
>
> That?d be great - sounds like I have a lead on the first one, but
> either/both are good.
>
> --
> Jameel Akari
>
> > On May 16, 2018, at 11:46 AM, Jason Perkins via vcf-midatlantic <
> vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
> >
> > I have one like #2. I'll see if I have any of #1 with me.
> >
> > On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 11:27 AM, Jameel Akari via vcf-midatlantic <
> > vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
> >
> >>
> >> Reminded by Tony's post... does anyone a have IBM-branded PS/2 mouse or
> >> two I can borrow for VCF?  (No, didn't find any in the warehouse.)
> >>
> >> Specifically this style:
> >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Personal_System/2#/media/F
> >> ile:IBM_PS2_hiiri.jpg
> >>
> >> Or even a little later:
> >> http://product-images.highwire.com/2952082/793c7b2c-d100-
> >> 4659-8a59-ed6105d771cb_290.jpg
> >>
> >> I've got plenty of PS/2 interface mice of course, but somehow I never
> kept
> >> any of the original style.
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jameel Akari
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Jason Perkins
> > 313 355 0085
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 15:21:58 -0400
> From: Jeff G <jeffg at junknet.net>
> To: vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org
> Subject: [vcf-midatlantic] The VCF East "Wanted" List
> Message-ID:
>         <
> CAPK6WscoE-rW862DPspjCtRKHfT_EKJwzhQxyyKVVqRMpALq_Q at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
>
> Maybe we should have a wanted thread going - so if you're looking for
> something perhaps too big/bulky to normally be shipped that someone might
> be willing to bring?
>
> I'm looking for:
>
> 7 bit Ascii keyboard
> S-100 Boards (looking for original Altair stuff like ram and serial)
> Keyboard for At&T Personal Terminal 510A (oddball!)
>
> JeffG (aka Bags)
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 15:39:59 -0400
> From: Anthony Becker <mayhemmby at gmail.com>
> To: vcf-midatlantic
>         <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org>
> Subject: Re: [vcf-midatlantic] Stuff I'm bringing to VCF
> Message-ID:
>         <CANrc-=
> bKV5049KqCXULF4MVMghi8_nacKweFXcpWp-t8UB4Ojg at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
>
> I have some tape drives.
> A DAT 20/40 Autoloader with two cassettes, Two Ultrium LTO 230s, 1 DLT1, 1
> Ultrium LTO 215, 1 DSS4 all HP and Compaq brands
> 1 MLR1 QIC-5010-DC from an AS/400
>
> 1 Tandy 1000HX
>
> 1 Amstrad PPC640
>
> and who knows what else Das Bunker will produce between now and then!
>
> On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 2:16 PM, Ethan O'Toole via vcf-midatlantic <
> vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
>
> > I have two non-working SGI Octanes. Once has a blown capacitor in the
> >> power supply. The other, Just doesn't run.
> >> They are free to anyone willing to take them. I just assume not even
> >> bring them in the building. I would rather just move from one car to
> >> another.
> >>
> >
> > My friend Matt Crainer would be interested in the Octanes. He comes to
> the
> > VCFs.
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 16:15:09 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Jameel Akari <jakari at bithose.com>
> To: Anthony Becker via vcf-midatlantic
>         <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org>
> Subject: Re: [vcf-midatlantic] Stuff I'm bringing to VCF
> Message-ID: <alpine.LRH.2.02.1805171609490.5303 at zed.bithose.com>
> Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed
>
>
> I was given a homebrew Z-80 based machine... open, cards slotted
> vertically into a backplane, with a wood base.  This is something well out
> of my wheelhouse, but I suspect some people may be interested.  Has some
> documentation.
>
> It's previous owner (and probabky builder) passed away, and while cleaning
> out his house, this ended up following me home.  It will be troublesome to
> ship, but I'd be happy to bring it Friday.
>
> I will post photos later today.
>
> --
> Jameel
>
>
>
> On Thu, 17 May 2018, Anthony Becker via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
>
> > I have some tape drives.
> > A DAT 20/40 Autoloader with two cassettes, Two Ultrium LTO 230s, 1 DLT1,
> 1
> > Ultrium LTO 215, 1 DSS4 all HP and Compaq brands
> > 1 MLR1 QIC-5010-DC from an AS/400
> >
> > 1 Tandy 1000HX
> >
> > 1 Amstrad PPC640
> >
> > and who knows what else Das Bunker will produce between now and then!
> >
> > On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 2:16 PM, Ethan O'Toole via vcf-midatlantic <
> > vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
> >
> >> I have two non-working SGI Octanes. Once has a blown capacitor in the
> >>> power supply. The other, Just doesn't run.
> >>> They are free to anyone willing to take them. I just assume not even
> >>> bring them in the building. I would rather just move from one car to
> >>> another.
> >>>
> >>
> >> My friend Matt Crainer would be interested in the Octanes. He comes to
> the
> >> VCFs.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
>
> --
> Jameel Akari
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 21:53:11 -0400
> From: Jameel Akari <jakari at bithose.com>
> To: vcf-midatlantic
>         <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org>
> Subject: Re: [vcf-midatlantic] Stuff I'm bringing to VCF
> Message-ID: <D10ED56A-8E25-4366-BB40-3A9458848A6E at bithose.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain;       charset=utf-8
>
> https://imgur.com/gallery/Ab2y4W4
>
> Z-80 homebrew... bunch of RAM and some serial I/O.
>
> If there?s any interest in this, let me know and I?ll bring it. Will
> negotiate reasonable terms. :)
>
> --
> Jameel Akari
>
> > On May 17, 2018, at 4:15 PM, Jameel Akari via vcf-midatlantic <
> vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
> >
> >
> > I was given a homebrew Z-80 based machine... open, cards slotted
> vertically into a backplane, with a wood base.  This is something well out
> of my wheelhouse, but I suspect some people may be interested.  Has some
> documentation.
> >
> > It's previous owner (and probabky builder) passed away, and while
> cleaning out his house, this ended up following me home.  It will be
> troublesome to ship, but I'd be happy to bring it Friday.
> >
> > I will post photos later today.
> >
> > --
> > Jameel
> >
> >
> >
> >> On Thu, 17 May 2018, Anthony Becker via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> >>
> >> I have some tape drives.
> >> A DAT 20/40 Autoloader with two cassettes, Two Ultrium LTO 230s, 1
> DLT1, 1
> >> Ultrium LTO 215, 1 DSS4 all HP and Compaq brands
> >> 1 MLR1 QIC-5010-DC from an AS/400
> >>
> >> 1 Tandy 1000HX
> >>
> >> 1 Amstrad PPC640
> >>
> >> and who knows what else Das Bunker will produce between now and then!
> >>
> >> On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 2:16 PM, Ethan O'Toole via vcf-midatlantic <
> >> vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
> >>
> >>> I have two non-working SGI Octanes. Once has a blown capacitor in the
> >>>> power supply. The other, Just doesn't run.
> >>>> They are free to anyone willing to take them. I just assume not even
> >>>> bring them in the building. I would rather just move from one car to
> >>>> another.
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>> My friend Matt Crainer would be interested in the Octanes. He comes to
> the
> >>> VCFs.
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>
> >
> > --
> > Jameel Akari
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 8
> Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 22:10:47 -0400
> From: Paul Rickards <rickards at gmail.com>
> To: vcf-midatlantic
>         <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org>
> Subject: Re: [vcf-midatlantic] Stuff I'm bringing to VCF
> Message-ID:
>         <CAFj-h1Agk2ROqfXZeZ=
> 2H4wP5AO4+_2cVbkiqxDH4XhKGVKk6A at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
>
> DEC Rainbow 100 with expansion cards and green monochrome display (with CRT
> cataracts), no KB.
>
> If there's interest in this, I can bring it Saturday.
>
> Cheers,
> -p
>
>
> On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 11:43 AM, Christian Liendo via vcf-midatlantic <
> vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
>
> > I have two non-working SGI Octanes. Once has a blown capacitor in the
> > power supply. The other, Just doesn't run.
> > They are free to anyone willing to take them. I just assume not even
> > bring them in the building. I would rather just move from one car to
> > another.
> >
> > One complete Commodore PET 8032 in box with dual drive and printer all
> > in box. Original everything.
> >
> > Two IBM 5150s
> >
> > I may also have a Teletype Model 43 and an ATT 6300
> >
> > Brian is bringing some TRS-80 Model IIIs
> >
> >
> > What are you guys bringing?
> >
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 9
> Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 22:37:52 -0400
> From: Herb Johnson <hjohnson at retrotechnology.info>
> To: vcf-midatlantic
>         <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org>
> Subject: [vcf-midatlantic] Stuff I'm bringing to VCF
> Message-ID:
>         <abb595d4-cd56-9e27-89c7-397598784edf at retrotechnology.info>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
>
> http://www.retrotechnology.com/vcfe_may18.html
>
> --
> Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey in the USA
> http://www.retrotechnology.com OR .net
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 10
> Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 21:50:24 -0500
> From: Kyle Owen <kylevowen at gmail.com>
> To: vcf-midatlantic
>         <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org>
> Subject: Re: [vcf-midatlantic] talk at VCF-East on audio cassettes for
>         data; stuff
> Message-ID:
>         <CAKtEYUw84MYKQjmdqz3eAaNuBNoc_2tJ4UFyFhe=
> ajAaGS4RBw at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
>
> Sent the scans of my Tennecomp Minidek manuals along to Al at Bitsavers.
> Here they are!
>
> http://bitsavers.org/pdf/tennecomp/
>
> Hope everyone has a great time this weekend. Sorry I can't be there this
> time!
>
> Kyle
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 11
> Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 23:27:58 -0400
> From: Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>
> To: Jameel Akari via vcf-midatlantic
>         <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org>
> Subject: Re: [vcf-midatlantic] Stuff I'm bringing to VCF
> Message-ID: <cbbf2d16-863b-377b-b466-59ed7e278b08 at neurotica.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
>
> On 05/17/2018 09:53 PM, Jameel Akari via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> > https://imgur.com/gallery/Ab2y4W4
> >
> > Z-80 homebrew... bunch of RAM and some serial I/O.
> >
> > If there?s any interest in this, let me know and I?ll bring it. Will
> negotiate reasonable terms. :)
>
>   Wow...WOW what beautiful work!  I'd talk you out of that if I was
> planning to be there. (I wish I were..)
>
>            -Dave
>
> --
> Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
> New Kensington, PA
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 12
> Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 00:05:09 -0400
> From: Lou <despairempire at gmail.com>
> To: vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org
> Subject: Re: [vcf-midatlantic] Stuff I'm bringing to VCF
> Message-ID:
>         <CAHnctLiJX2jGQdieirz3vjUF+xQH0oUm==
> yfnB6sFvCWC0aWSg at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
>
> Chris: I might be interested in one of those Octanes if no one else
> is. If others are more interested however then feel free to give it to
> them as I already have 2 SGI machines already!
>
> Bill: Might be slightly interested in the Alpha system since I am
> still looking for some Unix machines.
>
> As for myself, I am bringing an Admiral 1949 TV which already has a
> buyer. Outside of that might bring one or two Apple systems but they
> are not nearly as interesting.
>
> -Lou
>
> >>* I have two non-working SGI Octanes. Once has a blown capacitor in the
> *>>* power supply. The other, Just doesn't run.
> *>>* They are free to anyone willing to take them. I just assume not even
> *>>* bring them in the building. I would rather just move from one car to
> *>>* another.
> *>>>>* One complete Commodore PET 8032 in box with dual drive and printer
> all
> *>>* in box. Original everything.
> *>>>>* Two IBM 5150s
> *>>>>* I may also have a Teletype Model 43 and an ATT 6300
> *>>>>* Brian is bringing some TRS-80 Model IIIs
> *>>>>>>* What are you guys bringing?
> *>>>>
> >>Possibly (anyone interested in?):
> >
> >Dec keyboards (terminal style and newer alpha style)
> >VT 220
> >VAX /ALPHA CDs mostly monthly folders with software and updates
> >A StorageWorks chassis (3 SCSI drive desktop unit)
> >DLT III drive with lots of tapes
> >DECTerminal (model ~200 I think) and related DEC Terminal and StorageWorks
> >cards
> >At least one MicroVAX and/or Alpha system (desktop units)
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 13
> Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 00:25:39 -0400
> From: Bill Degnan <billdegnan at gmail.com>
> To: vcf-midatlantic
>         <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org>
> Subject: Re: [vcf-midatlantic] Stuff I'm bringing to VCF
> Message-ID:
>         <
> CABGJBuddvso7-pU5XDkKt4HymKCk0OU5_rnpe2ENr-_tdFPq9Q at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
>
> I have a complete MicroVAX 3100 80 system and a 4000 VLC
>
> http://www.vintagecomputer.net/vcf13/vaxStations/VS4BK-CA_AY44914713_front.jpg
> I don't have a lot of room in my car so I will do my best to bring things
> that people want.
>
> On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 12:05 AM, Lou via vcf-midatlantic <
> vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
>
> > Chris: I might be interested in one of those Octanes if no one else
> > is. If others are more interested however then feel free to give it to
> > them as I already have 2 SGI machines already!
> >
> > Bill: Might be slightly interested in the Alpha system since I am
> > still looking for some Unix machines.
> >
> > As for myself, I am bringing an Admiral 1949 TV which already has a
> > buyer. Outside of that might bring one or two Apple systems but they
> > are not nearly as interesting.
> >
> > -Lou
> >
> > >>* I have two non-working SGI Octanes. Once has a blown capacitor in the
> > *>>* power supply. The other, Just doesn't run.
> > *>>* They are free to anyone willing to take them. I just assume not even
> > *>>* bring them in the building. I would rather just move from one car to
> > *>>* another.
> > *>>>>* One complete Commodore PET 8032 in box with dual drive and printer
> > all
> > *>>* in box. Original everything.
> > *>>>>* Two IBM 5150s
> > *>>>>* I may also have a Teletype Model 43 and an ATT 6300
> > *>>>>* Brian is bringing some TRS-80 Model IIIs
> > *>>>>>>* What are you guys bringing?
> > *>>>>
> > >>Possibly (anyone interested in?):
> > >
> > >Dec keyboards (terminal style and newer alpha style)
> > >VT 220
> > >VAX /ALPHA CDs mostly monthly folders with software and updates
> > >A StorageWorks chassis (3 SCSI drive desktop unit)
> > >DLT III drive with lots of tapes
> > >DECTerminal (model ~200 I think) and related DEC Terminal and
> StorageWorks
> > >cards
> > >At least one MicroVAX and/or Alpha system (desktop units)
> >
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 14
> Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 01:21:50 -0400
> From: David Riley <fraveydank at gmail.com>
> To: vcf-midatlantic
>         <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org>
> Subject: Re: [vcf-midatlantic] Stuff I'm bringing to VCF
> Message-ID: <B252E434-DF96-4A9D-8549-47E4FA551CF2 at gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain;       charset=us-ascii
>
> I'll be bringing a few things I want out of my basement, FTAGH:
>
>
> Apple StyleWriter 2500 with 2 (!) power supplies, some unopened ink (maybe
> good? probably not) and original driver disks.  Pretty dirty, needs
> cleaning.
>
>
> Uh, actually, that's probably all for now unless I think of anything else
> I want out by morning, so if you want one of Apple's worst printers, it's
> yours!
>
> If I bring anything else of interest, I'll post.  I'll also come bearing a
> reasonably complete tool set, including crimpers that can deal with D-sub
> pins, 8p8c and MMJ (and 6-conductor silver satin cable) in case people need
> stuff fixed.
>
>
>
> > On May 17, 2018, at 11:43 AM, Christian Liendo via vcf-midatlantic <
> vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
> >
> > I have two non-working SGI Octanes. Once has a blown capacitor in the
> > power supply. The other, Just doesn't run.
> > They are free to anyone willing to take them. I just assume not even
> > bring them in the building. I would rather just move from one car to
> > another.
> >
> > One complete Commodore PET 8032 in box with dual drive and printer all
> > in box. Original everything.
> >
> > Two IBM 5150s
> >
> > I may also have a Teletype Model 43 and an ATT 6300
> >
> > Brian is bringing some TRS-80 Model IIIs
> >
> >
> > What are you guys bringing?
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 15
> Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 08:18:06 -0400
> From: Matt Patoray <mspproductions at gmail.com>
> To: vcf-midatlantic
>         <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org>
> Subject: Re: [vcf-midatlantic] talk at VCF-East on audio cassettes for
>         data; stuff
> Message-ID:
>         <CAJKstHgXGSNUH-7gMiSKkiOzttO88XEqSQXgSW=
> LfqVPvpABjA at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
>
> Kyle,
>
> Very cool, I am looking at the documents right now. Thank you for making
> them available to Al.
>
> On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 10:50 PM, Kyle Owen via vcf-midatlantic <
> vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
>
> > Sent the scans of my Tennecomp Minidek manuals along to Al at Bitsavers.
> > Here they are!
> >
> > http://bitsavers.org/pdf/tennecomp/
> >
> > Hope everyone has a great time this weekend. Sorry I can't be there this
> > time!
> >
> > Kyle
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Matt Patoray
> Owner, MSP Productions
> KD8AMG
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 16
> Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 09:48:52 -0400
> From: Neil Cherry <ncherry at linuxha.com>
> To: vcf-midatlantic
>         <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org>
> Subject: [vcf-midatlantic] Where should volunteers park?
> Message-ID: <bfcc064b-f776-2dce-cb51-f28f0f13fc7a at linuxha.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
>
> This may not matter but my understanding is that VCF draws a pretty good
> crowd. I've
> volunteered to work with the IXR soldering exhibit tomorrow and I was
> wondering where
> should volunteers park, or does it really matter?
>
> --
> Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com
> http://www.linuxha.com/                         Main site
> http://linuxha.blogspot.com/                    My HA Blog
> Author of:      Linux Smart Homes For Dummies
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 17
> Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 09:51:35 -0400
> From: "Derrik Walker v2.0" <dwalker at doomd.net>
> To: vcf-midatlantic
>         <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org>
> Subject: [vcf-midatlantic] The Replica 1 lives!
> Message-ID: <8930765b-ef24-dd55-a59a-fec3566508fd at doomd.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"; Format="flowed"
>
> This is great news.? I have one I built about 12 years ago.? It's a
> great learning project, and a fun little computer to muck around with.
>
>
> https://www.reactivemicro.com/2018/03/01/authorized-dealer-partner-with-briel-computers-and-new-store-item/
>
> - Derrik
>
> --
> -- Derrik
>
> Derrik Walker v2.0, RHCE
> dwalker at doomd.net
>
> "Those UNIX guys, they think weird!" -- John C. Dvorak
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 18
> Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 09:56:05 -0400
> From: Neil Cherry <ncherry at linuxha.com>
> To: vcf-midatlantic
>         <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org>
> Subject: Re: [vcf-midatlantic] Stuff I'm bringing to VCF
> Message-ID: <38323e35-64e4-e7d3-e342-63749b28521c at linuxha.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
>
> Since I'm manning the IXR Learn to Solder exhibit and this is VCF I'm
> brining
> a couple of Motorola Dev Board and a 6809 board I helped design some 35
> years
> ago. I have a 68K board, a 6802 board and a 6802 with a 6809 conversion.
> I'll
> also bring my EPROM burner. None of these are for sale. But some of these
> devices need to be soldered and it keeps with the VCF theme.
>
> If I get a chance I'll take a look around for some 6809 stuff.
>
> --
> Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com
> http://www.linuxha.com/                         Main site
> http://linuxha.blogspot.com/                    My HA Blog
> Author of:      Linux Smart Homes For Dummies
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 19
> Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 10:00:22 -0400
> From: Dean Notarnicola <dnotarnicola at gmail.com>
> To: vcf-midatlantic
>         <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org>
> Subject: Re: [vcf-midatlantic] Where should volunteers park?
> Message-ID:
>         <
> CAJeDMDi68nJJQ2TUSfZFQCjfDyGtEVe6cuARuZP3w67Dek0LAQ at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
>
> Pull inside the gate and take 2nd right. You'll see other cars
>
> On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 9:49 AM Neil Cherry via vcf-midatlantic <
> vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
>
> > This may not matter but my understanding is that VCF draws a pretty good
> > crowd. I've
> > volunteered to work with the IXR soldering exhibit tomorrow and I was
> > wondering where
> > should volunteers park, or does it really matter?
> >
> > --
> > Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com
> > http://www.linuxha.com/                         Main site
> > http://linuxha.blogspot.com/                    My HA Blog
> > Author of:      Linux Smart Homes For Dummies
> >
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 20
> Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 10:07:58 -0400
> From: Neil Cherry <ncherry at linuxha.com>
> To: Dean Notarnicola <dnotarnicola at gmail.com>, vcf-midatlantic
>         <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org>
> Subject: Re: [vcf-midatlantic] Where should volunteers park?
> Message-ID: <2cfd739b-6a56-85d3-b6f9-0261ee177e8a at linuxha.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
>
> On 05/18/2018 10:00 AM, Dean Notarnicola wrote:
> > Pull inside the gate and take 2nd right. You'll see other cars
>
> Thanks :-)
>
> --
> Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com
> http://www.linuxha.com/                         Main site
> http://linuxha.blogspot.com/                    My HA Blog
> Author of:      Linux Smart Homes For Dummies
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 21
> Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 11:06:34 -0400
> From: Jameel Akari <jakari at bithose.com>
> To: vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org
> Subject: [vcf-midatlantic] VCF parking & setup
> Message-ID: <C6C8B9FD-3A0B-4737-B009-C30789CCE132 at bithose.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain;       charset=utf-8
>
> Probably I missed this... what time(s) can exhibitors come in and setup
> their tables? Where we should we park?
>
> (Not the grass!)
>
> I probably won?t be there until maybe 3pm today.
>
> --
> Jameel Akari
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 22
> Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 11:13:56 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Ethan O'Toole <telmnstr at 757.org>
> To: Jameel Akari via vcf-midatlantic
>         <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org>
> Subject: Re: [vcf-midatlantic] VCF parking & setup
> Message-ID: <Pine.LNX.4.64.1805181113090.26294 at users.757.org>
> Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
>
> > Probably I missed this... what time(s) can exhibitors come in and setup
> their tables? Where we should we park?
> > (Not the grass!)
> > I probably won?t be there until maybe 3pm today.
>
> How late is it open for exhibitor drop off? I will arrive late this
> evening. If closed I will head over earlier tomorrow morning.
>
> Leaving work early at some point then heading there from Northern Virginia
> data center land.
>
>                         - Ethan
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 23
> Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 11:18:57 -0400
> From: Evan Koblentz <evan at vcfed.org>
> To: Jonathan Gevaryahu via vcf-midatlantic
>         <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org>
> Subject: Re: [vcf-midatlantic] VCF parking & setup
> Message-ID:
>         <CADAdoY6Ou5NVHG=MmgyJ9qJN5hwbZL3R=
> KZYM13Yqw-XQKDkoQ at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
>
> Starting when the classes end at 5:30.
>
> Unfortunately the grass field is just about the only place for parking,
> unless you unload and then move your car to another part of the campus.
> We'll show you when you arrive.
>
> NO cars are allowed to park in the public show/museum areas.
>
> Evan Koblentz
> Executive Director, Vintage Computer Federation
> evan at vcfed.org / (646) 546-9999
>
> www.vcfed.org
> @vcfederation
>
> On Fri, May 18, 2018, 11:06 AM Jameel Akari via vcf-midatlantic <
> vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
>
> > Probably I missed this... what time(s) can exhibitors come in and setup
> > their tables? Where we should we park?
> >
> > (Not the grass!)
> >
> > I probably won?t be there until maybe 3pm today.
> >
> > --
> > Jameel Akari
> >
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 24
> Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 11:20:19 -0400
> From: Evan Koblentz <evan at vcfed.org>
> To: Jonathan Gevaryahu via vcf-midatlantic
>         <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org>
> Subject: Re: [vcf-midatlantic] Where should volunteers park?
> Message-ID:
>         <
> CADAdoY5MiiZCSN9zjBzYjE7ATenUA5x0bmfeZgAp+9yD-vgZJg at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
>
> See my reply to Jameel's post just now.
>
> Evan Koblentz
> Executive Director, Vintage Computer Federation
> evan at vcfed.org / (646) 546-9999
>
> www.vcfed.org
> @vcfederation
>
> On Fri, May 18, 2018, 9:49 AM Neil Cherry via vcf-midatlantic <
> vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
>
> > This may not matter but my understanding is that VCF draws a pretty good
> > crowd. I've
> > volunteered to work with the IXR soldering exhibit tomorrow and I was
> > wondering where
> > should volunteers park, or does it really matter?
> >
> > --
> > Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com
> > http://www.linuxha.com/                         Main site
> > http://linuxha.blogspot.com/                    My HA Blog
> > Author of:      Linux Smart Homes For Dummies
> >
>
>
> End of vcf-midatlantic Digest, Vol 31, Issue 18
> ***********************************************
>



More information about the vcf-midatlantic mailing list